Friday, November 11, 2005

Confessions of a stay at home mom Friday

1) Sometimes I wish I could stay in my pj's all day every day, and sometimes I do.

2) I dind't know what being tired really meant until I became a parent, and you only get as much sleep as your kids let you. I can't wait to be able to sleep through the night again on a consistant basis. (I'm writing this one because for the last week or so I've been waking up more tired than normal.)

3) We used to have decent furniture until we had kids. Then that furniture became not so decent, with spit up, jumping on it, and other sorts of accidents.

4) This weekend we are going on a real date with other people (or at least that is the plan), the first time in who knows how long. When my husband's mom comes over to watch the kids we usually go do stuff that has to be done, like shopping. But this weekend we have plans to get together with my husband's friend from his mission and his fiance. I'm extied. Simple things non-parents sometimes take for granted.

5) After some of these complants of motherhood, I still woudn't go back to my childless days for anything. All of these things are worth it when you see you child smile or laugh or tell you they love you. So when all is said and done, even though I miss some of the things that were easily acheived when I was single or before we had kids, I wouldn't go back to my single days or the days before my kids for anything. They make me so happy (most of the time). ;) You parents know what I mean.

No comments: