Thursday, December 22, 2005
Monday, December 19, 2005
Symphony Bar Fudge
2 c. heavy cream
4 c. sugar
3 king size symphony bars, broken into pieces (she used the one with toffee and almonds, very good!)
1 c. butter, room temperature
Mix cream and sugar in a pot and bring to a boil. Boil for about 8 minutes until soft ball stage.
Meanwhile mix butter and chocolate (she suggested using a kitchen aid or something of the sort)
When cream and sugar are ready pour into the butter and chocolate mixture and mix until glossy
Put in a greased 9x13 or you could use a cookie sheet if you want thinner pieces and refrigerate to set.
I think when I make this I might use the plain symphony bars and get a bag of heath toffee pieces (that they have by the chocolate chips and baking stuff) and almonds and chop them up, that way there are bigger pieces. I've never made fudge, not much of a fan, or not enough to make it, but after trying this I think I will. I hope if anyone tries to make it, you enjoy it as much as I did.
Friday, December 16, 2005
2. I'm still not ready for Christmas
3. Since child number two came around, often I have hard time staying up past 9
4. I'm looking forward to the new year, and hope it is better than this one
Thursday, December 15, 2005
I have been tagged by Princess Mom
Seven things I hope to do before I die:
1. Be better than I used to be at Sign Language
2. Start up our non-profit organization and have it do as well as I think it would
4. Grow old with my hubby
5. Watch our children have children and hopefully their children have children
6. Buy a house
7. Own a Bed and Breakfast
Seven things I cannot do:
1. Stay mad at my kids forever
2. Enjoy seafood (I try, I just don't like it. I've given it several tries and continue to do so when my hubby orders it, just in case if my taste buds change, but they don't)
3. Sew, I wish I could, and I wish I could find someone that would teach me
4. Go a day without hugging, kissing, or saying I love you to my kids or hubby
5. Put up with stupid people who do stupid things
6. Be a shopaholic. I don't like shopping, I get in and out and leave.
7. To go along with number 6, enjoy shopping during the holidays. Don't get my wrong I love to give gifts, but I hate the crowds and people wondering mindlessly not knowing what they are going to get and blocking the aisles. I'm very impatient.
Seven things that attract me to my spouse (significant other, best friend)
1. He has opened my door since the first time I met him, and he doesn't just do it for me, he does it for all girls! It's something for a man to open a door for a women he likes (men will do almost anything for a girl in the beginning), but I think it's more impressive when they do it for every women/girl, even when there are no feelings involved
2. His knowledge of almost everything (very smart)
3. Saw in me things I couldn't (the good things of course)
4. His relationship with his Savior was/is the most important thing to him, followed closely by me and the kiddies
5. Thinks I'm a great cook
6. Gets along great with my family and really loves them
7. He was better than what I ever thought I'd end up with
Seven things I say often:
1. Mama loves you!
2. I love you!
3. Are you sticky?
4. Who's my baby boy?
4, Who's my baby girl?
5. Who's so handsome?
6. Who's so pretty?
7. What should we do for dinner?
Seven books or series I love:
1. Les Miserables
2. Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright (good quick read, I did it in one day and that's even as a mom of two)
3. Twelfth Night; Or, What You Will
4. Standing for Something
5. Peace Essays of Hope and Encouragement
6. You are Special
7. Any sort of cook book
Seven movies I could watch over and over:
This one was hard, so I tried to think of all the movies we have and think of my favorites
1. Oceans Eleven
2. Beautiful Mind
3. Little Rascals
4. Toy Story
5. Toy Story 2
6. Mr. Hollands Opis
Seven people I want to join in this Seven Sevens meme:
Myself being new to blogging, I don't know many bloggers, and I don't think many people read my blog. But I'll put down people I'd like to hear responses from, and I”ll try to come up with seven
1. My sister-in-law, Cori (who I think should start a blog, because I know she has stuff to say)
2. Princess Mom, who I got this from and gave me the idea to start blogging
3. Marie one of my bestest friends, who I also think would be a good blogger
5. My mom
6. Not knowing enough about this meme thing, I don't know if it is for women only, because lists I've seen only have women, so out of ignorance I'm going to put my hubby
7. Any one who reads my blog and wants to join the club and pass it on
Wednesday, December 14, 2005
Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Monday, December 12, 2005
Friday, December 09, 2005
2) My kids are still in their pj's and it's almost noon
3) There are no Christmas decorations up in our home (we aren't going to be around for the holidays, so I think what is the point)
4) My house is cleaner than it has been in a while (because we are having people over tonight, we should invite people over more often if it'll make me clean)
5) I'm glad it's Friday, even though we have a pretty busy weekend
Thursday, December 08, 2005
2) I'm thankful S slept good last night even though no one else did
Well I'm going to make it short for today. We had a tough night at our house and for who knows what reasons B didn't sleep, so that means neither myself or the hubby did much either.
Wednesday, December 07, 2005
Tuesday, December 06, 2005
Monday, December 05, 2005
Friday, December 02, 2005
2) I look forward to the weekend so I have more help around the house, especially this weekend since the hubby worked about a 24 hour day on Wednesday and has just been catching up on sleep, so even though he's been here in the evenings I can't really ask him to help much
3) I like to get emails, it makes me feel like I'm important (as long as it isn't junk email)
4) I really need to clean my house, maybe this weekend.
5) I still have a lot of Christmas shopping to do!
Thursday, December 01, 2005
2) I'm thankful I get to go home for Christmas
3) I'm thankful my frineds, especially Marie who's been there for me through think and thin
4) I'm thankful my husbands gets to do what he loves and has his dream job
5) I'm thankful for power doors on my car, it makes life a lot easier running around with the kids