Monday, September 27, 2010

30 Day Project - Day 24, 25, 26, 27

There has been a lot going on lately, and to add to that, I've had tons of peaches to do something with. So since you have heard from me last, I've made 5 batches of jam (peach berry and spice peach) and canned 7 quarts of peaches. I'm done for a little bit until I get my apples (at this point I don't know how excited I am for them to come, but it's always nice to have it!).
Friday for dinner we had breakfast, we had Oatmeal Pancakes.
Saturday was a our date night and we went to subways and got some footlongs $10
Sunday I made this Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak, and we really enjoyed it. If it is something you want to try here's some advice...For my family of five (2 adults and 3 small kids) I cut the ingredients for the patties in half and that was plenty for us. When I made it I cut the whole recipe in half, but that didn't leave you with much sauce, so next time I'd keep the quantities the same for the sauce, also I substituted cream of mushroom soup for cream of chicken. To me cream of mushroom goes better with beef than cream of chicken.
Tonight for dinner we are just having sandwiches. We have stuff in the fridge to make several different kinds and after spending all morning and most of the afternoon (not to mention most of the weekend) in the kitchen I'm done for today.

I also bought some more bananas which would put my total amount of money left for the month to about $9

No comments: