Friday, February 10, 2006

Sleep

Wouldn't it be nice to get the kind of sleep you got when you were single, or just before you had kids? I sure think so! The hubby asked me what I wanted for the big V-day, you know what I said, I good nights rest, how romantic of me!!! B has been sick and I think starting the whole teething thing, so the last month or so she's been getting up at least once or twice, when she used to sleep throug the night, and the last week or so (it's just all a blur) she hasn't been sleeping well and needs to be held and doesn't really sleep well until 4. I have a hard time listening to childless people complain about being tired. For the most part I think most of them don't know true meaning of the word. They get to control their sleep patterns and when they go to sleep they get to sleep and usually can do so unterrupted. As a parent you wake up when your child does, that usually means for most of us parents, no sleeping in, even on the weekends! Remember the days? Well maybe in 20 plus years or when my youngest becomes a teenager and I have a hard getting them out of bed, I'll be able to enjoy sleep again and not be in a constant state of tiredness, which you get used you. But it's tough, at least for me, if I don't keep myself busy, I'd want to go to bed at 7, which is no good because I know even if the heavens were smiling down on me and both of my kids slept through the night, I woudln't. I guess this way, being a parent of young children, I finally appreciate the sleep I get, most days, find myself lucky if I get a nap. So all you single people out there, get your sleep and be happy you can, and get a few extra hours of sleep for me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I get enough sleep but the blasted furnace in our house wakes me up every morning. The thing is like a jet engine and the heat makes the floor expand making little popping noises. Make the hubby watch the kids while you take a nap sometime, he'll like that.

Lucid Developer said...

Anytime, its all yours.

- The hubby

Anonymous said...

I have to say I'm not a parent yet, but I've gotta stick up for us that don't have kids but still manage to get interrupted during the night. :) Between the loud snoring right next to me and the THREE dogs that sleep in our room, sleeping has become a difficult task. I always joke that I might as well be a mother for all the work the fur children take. I wake up every time one of them moves, situates, turns circles, adjusts, SNORES, wanders restlessly around the room, needs to go to the bathroom, has dreams with the barking and wimpering, and of course if one decides to get sick I have to run through the house in a delirious rage trying to get them outside before any inside messes are made. I can only imagine that a child will be harder to raise, but I had to make sure it's been told that us parentless ones don't get solid sleep either! :)

Erin said...

I apologize, but for the most part, childless, and I guess I should now add petless people don't or shouldn't have much to complain about.