Tuesday, February 07, 2006

It's madness, I tell you, MADNESS!!!

Well that is what it was at our house last night. We had b-day party number 2 for the hubby. We had a couple families over for dinner and pie, since the hubby doesn't like cake. I made a Japanese dish, and then mac and cheese for the kids, since they probably wouldn't eat what I made, although S would. Well there wasn't enough mac and cheese, fortunately they were ok eating rice afterwards. There were 10 kids under the age of 5 at my house, and let me tell you it was crazy. Before everyone came we shut all the door upstairs to the bedrooms, that had childproof handles on them, to keep them out. I was glad I did that, because otherwise it would've have been worse, who knows what kind of damage they could have done in S's room with all the toys. I did something stupid and decided to clean the house before they came, I mopped the floor even, which I shouldn't have because I did it all again this morning. there were countless number of cups of pop spilt, and noodles from mac and cheese, which was all cleaned up first thing this morning. Although I'm happy to report that none of them by S!!!! Let's just say it was madness, too much to try to go into detail. One of the families that were there, are done having kids, while the other 3 aren't, well maybe after last night we are. Talk about a good form of birth control. Makes me think that 3 years between B and the next isn't so bad. So the night ended, not soon enough (because of the kids not the adults, it would have been fun if it could have been just adults, but oh well. The kids went down for bed pretty easy, so I thought it would be a good night. Boy was I wrong. B is sick, finally got we S and I had. We gave her some medicine before bed, and I thought it would be fine and hoped it would knock her out. Did it? Of course not. So needless to say I only got a few hours of sleep last night. The hubby offered to help, but how could I let him help with it being his b-day and then having to get up to leave for work at 6:30? And lucky me when I got up with B at about 6:30 I got a headache and is off and on, depending on what I'm doing. So I'm hoping that the kids are easy today and take good naps for my sake. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

WarriorWife said...

Luck Luck Luck! That stinks, man. I must say, though, it's good to know your own son is clean and easy to control at parties. I totally agree on the birth control, too. There are some functions I go to, when I see children and their parents interacting, and I just feel overwhelmingly grateful that I'm not the parent!

Anonymous said...

I have some good neices and nephews with whom I enjoy playing with for a few hours. I'm sure it would take some getting used to if I had to take care of them all the time.