Monday, July 10, 2006

Blog Surprises

Well there is a blog that I have been reading, one of another mommy and her woes. I think I found her because she found me first. Today I made a rather interesting and surprising realization. I think I know this girl!!!
It's funny how I read these different blogs, and I know you do to, you start to feel like you know these people on some level and can relate to them.
Today after reading her most current post, I was surprised that her parents live in the same town as mine. Things started to click. There were a couple of girls I knew by this name, one I knew of, the other I new well. I was racking my brain of last names, finding it hard to remember things from almost a decade ago. As I continued to read, I had it, I knew who she was and I even remembered her maidan name! It was a girl I went to high school with and was in our circle of friends. One of those that we both went to college and got married and just lost contact.
So needless to say I was pleasantly surprised and I won't ever read her blog in the same way again.

4 comments:

WarriorWife said...

Tell me who it was! And where her blog is! Because I so want to find her too... :)

Mrs. Andrews said...

I totally thought that you knew who I was. I found your blog through melnel and figured out it was you. I'm glad you know who I am and it is so fun to be able to hear about your life through your blog. I've been terrible about keeping in contact with people from high school - and I mean TERRIBLE!!! It's so awful to lose contact the way I have. But, like you said, it's one of those things where you get married, move away and lose contact. Glad to hear you are doing so well and it's great that we can now keep in contact thanks to these great computers. Sorry, Mel, you already know who I am!

WarriorWife said...

yeah, I figured out who Housewarden was talking about. I didn't know that she didn't realize it was you! :)

Erin said...

I guess I'm just slow. I didn't realize I knew anyone that lived in Idaho, and didn't pay much attention to the site address or realized that was one of my friends married names.