Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My current love

Do you ever go through phases of loving to eat certain things. Well I do. My phase at the moment granola.
I've been going to this hard core cardio kickboxing class at the gym (btw thanks Blake!), and my teacher has been talking about getting enough fiber and this high fiber granola she eats daily as a snack. So I finally got her recipe and made it, it's pretty good, different but good, one that I would rather snack on. I've also made a recipe I make now in then that doesn't have oil and a little more healthy for you and more like traditional granola, one that I like to eat in the morning with milk. So with my love of granola I thought I would share with you my recipes.

High Fiber Granola
2 - 3 c. 6 Grain
1 c. 9 Grain
1 c. Amaranth
2 Tbs. Cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. Almond Extract
1 can Fat Free Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 c. Grape Nuts
1 c. Pecans
1 - 1 1/2 c. Pecans/Almonds
1/2 - 1 c. Crainsins
1 c. Coconut
Mix together put on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8 to 16 minutes, depending on how dry you like it. (if you live in UT you can buy the grains and Amaranth at Good Earth really cheap, if not find a health food store, and the fat free sweetened condense milk you can find at Walmart)

Low Fat Granola
1 c. Brown Sugar
1 c. Water
4 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. Salt
7 c. Rolled Oats
3 - 4 c. other (coconut, almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds, ect.)
Put brown sugar and water in a pot and put on stove over medium heat to melt sugar, but don't boil. Add vanila and salt to the sugar water. Pour over the oats and 3 - 4 c. of other ingredients. Mix well. Put on 2 cookie sheets and bake at 275 for 1 hour stirring a couple times during baking, or put on 1 cookie sheet and bake 90 minutes stirring every 30 minutes.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments: